Home Page for Richard Ashley
Professor Richard Ashley
Curriculum Vitae (including links to my working papers)
Applied Econometrics Textbook
- Published by Wiley in January 2012 and entitled Fundamentals of Applied Econometrics
- The first half of this book is very suitable as a textbook for an undergraduate
econometrics course. Its most notable features are a completely integrated statistics review and a substantial number
of "Active Learning Excercises" that get students working with actual data in highly-directed 'mini-projects.'
The second half of the book covers more advanced topics -- still with essentially no use of linear algebra -- and would be suitable for a Master's Degree level course or as an ancillary
textbook in a Doctoral level course.
- The book's website at Wiley Enter "Fundamentals of Applied Econometrics" in the search box. The Active Learning Exercises can be accessed here
-- including set-ups, data and (for instructor
log-ins) answer keys.
- Errata corrections (Scans of hand-corrected pages.)
- Preface and Table of Contents
Granger-Causality Analysis with Modest Sample Lengths
Sensitivity Analysis with Respect to Instrument Invalidity in IV Estimation/Inference
Estimation/Inference for Frequency (or Persistence) Dependent Regression Coefficients
Letter to the Editor of Science Regarding Mitigation of the Ethical Dilemma in Ebola Drug Effectiveness Testing (link to letter)
A Nonlinear Toolkit
Bootstrap-based Postsample Inference
E-mail address: see "c.v." link above.
Telephone: (540) 231 6220